Jogo Behaviour Support Blog
Getting to Know You Bingo Thursday, 12 June 2014
Getting To Know You Bingo
This game is a quick, simple game for getting to a new class/form to get to know each other. It is great to use at the beginning of new academic year or during transitions.
- Getting to know you bingo boards
- Felt tips pens
- Space to move about
- Small prizes for the winners
How to Play:
Each child has a Getting to Know You Bingo board. Ask the children to move around the room, chatting to the other pupils and finding people who can relate to the bingo squares. They need to collect a different name for each bingo square.
The winners are the first to fill their squares:
- Four corner squares
- Fill a line
- A full house
- The person who can point to all the children they have on their board.
For younger children, you could use pictures for the squares.
- Develops children’s self-regulation skills
- Develops working together skills
- Develops their language and communication skills
- Develops relationships and social skills
- Develops gross motor skills
- Develops sharing and waiting skills
- It is fun, cheap, highly beneficial and simple.