COVID-19 — How can Jogo Behaviour Support help?
We are pleased to let you know that the Jogo Behaviour Support team are still working throughout the pandemic providing our large range of services including face to face training and remote support. We have a number of Covid measures in place to ensure that we can do this as safely as possible.
We understand everyone has their own individual circumstances and in most cases we are able to adapt to work with you. Please call the office on 01604 832970 to discuss this further. We want to help and support you as much as we can through this continued difficult time.
To confirm, at present the Open One Day Team Teach courses at Far Cotton Rec Centre are still going ahead, along with the Team Teach courses booked in schools if still required.
Jogo Behaviour Support can provide:
- Individual pupil support with consultations and meetings being offered on-line to support the development of a behaviour plan that includes strategies and interventions recommendations. If agreed by all parties and following a COVID-19 risk assessment we can visit the school to support the referral process, but this will only take place if Government guidance on social distancing can be implemented. A referral can be made via this website by using the Referral Form.
- We offer advice and guidance on individual risk assessments and/or Positive Handling Plans for those more challenging behaviours
- We continue to offer training via the Zoom platform and information on all our online training can be found on this website
- Skill sharing opportunities for staff to develop activities on a group on 1:1 basis
- Resources to support activities
- Family support
- Play Therapy
- Staff Wellbeing supervision
If you are already working with Jogo Behaviour Support on an individual referral it is likely this pupil may come under the description of being vulnerable and may continue to attend school. Please be assured we will continue to offer support as usual to you and that pupil.
"Before We Had To Stay At Home"
We have written a little story to help children adjust to the changes about going back to school.
You can watch the video on this page or you can download the free resource "Before we had to stay at home" as a pdf file.
Resources For Parents
Special Play Time video (You Tube)
Special Parent-Child Play Times document (pdf)
Life Changing Play (pdf)
30 Minutes of Play (pdf)
IPA Play in Crisis Booklet for parents and carers (pdf)
Resources for Schools
Here is a link to a free online resource by Team Teach focusing on Re-calibrating the classroom. It discusses the effects of this period will have on behaviours, and offers teachers and support staff, time to pause, how children may respond, practical steps to support and a structured approach about how to respond.
Games for Social Distancing