Jogo Behaviour Support Blog
Activity - My Body has a Feeling Sunday, 1 March 2020
My body has a Feeling
(Kings Meadow School (2005) Primary Behaviour Curriculum, Kings Meadow School, Northampton)
This game is a fun game that helps develop emotional literacy. It is suitable for children aged 4 – 10 years old.
The children are spread out around the room and one child is chosen as the lead player.
The group chant:
My body has a feeling
Right inside of me
I’ll show you as I walk
Look closely now and see.
The lead player ‘walks’ the emotion and everyone copies. Others are subsequently chosen, and the chant is repeated.
The benefits of playing this game:
- Builds a sense of belonging
- Develops their emotional literacy
- Enhances group co-operation and individual co-operation skills
- Develops trust
- Builds peer relationships
- Develops play skills essential for healthy development
- Develops their cognition
- Develops their language and communication skills
- Develop creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Develops their negotiation skills
- To have fun